With the FileMaker data migration command-line tool you can migrate all record data and user accounts from a source file in the FileMaker Pro 12 format (FMP12) to a target file. But command-line tools can be hard to use.
FMDataMigration is a free open-source tool, written in FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced, that makes migrating data with the FileMaker command line tool much easier and will automate the complete process for you.
With this practical tool, you will get rid of watching carefully every imported tables and serial numbers inside it when you migrate all the data and accounts from an environment to a new one.
- Overview of configurable options
- Result summary and result tables
- Source (Path, Account/Password, Description Key)
- Clone (Path, Account/Password, Description Key)
- Target (Target Path)
- Options (Overwrite, Ignore value list, Ignore account, Ignore fonts, Verbose logging)
- Duration progress bar
- Detailed report
- Warnings and errors alerts
Open Source and Free
This free tool, written in FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced, is completely open-source under the GNU license.
Click here to download (changelog is included with the download)
- Easy to use graphical interface
- No need to use the command line
- Open Source
- Extended error report
To know more about FMDataMigration, please go to our Medium article here.
- FileMaker Data Migration tool
- FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced
- Full access user account or an account with the “fmmigration extended privilege” (with the option for verbose logging not available)
- BaseElements Plug-in (free plugin)