In version 17 FileMaker Inc., redesigned the FileMaker Server Admin console to be more lightweight and provide a streamlined user interface for easier administration of your custom apps. Redesigning means making choices. So some advanced settings are no longer available via the admin console. Most of this features are available via the brand new FileMaker Admin API for FileMaker Server 18.
This little Add-on let you manage this ‘missing” features via an easy-to-use user interface:
- Limit number of FileMaker Pro client connections
- Maximum number of Simultaneous Script Sessions
- Maximum number of Files to Host
- RAM Reserved for Database Cache
- Require Password-protected Databases
- Enable PHP Publishing
- Use FileMaker Server-supported version of PHP
- PHP Pre-valdation, Language and Encoding Settings
- Enable XML Publishing
Open Source and Free
This free tool, written for FileMaker Pro 17 and Go, is completely open-source under the GNU license.
It is developed by the FM Connection team. FM Connection, a division of Lesterius, provides managed dedicated FileMaker hosting and co-manages the FileMaker instructure of your custom apps, including FileMaker Cloud.
This version is compatible with FileMaker Server 18 and FileMaker Server 17 (Trail Admin API)
- FileMaker Server 18 with FileMaker Admin API
- FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced or FileMaker Go 18
- FileMaker Server 17 with FileMaker Admin API trial
- FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced or FileMaker Go 17