In FileMaker Server 17 the Admin Console was redesigned to be more lightweight and provide a streamlined user interface for easier administration of your custom apps. Redesigning means making choices. So some advanced settings are no longer available via the Admin Console. Most of these features are available via the brand-new FileMaker Admin API in FileMaker Server 18 that this tool consumes.
This little add-on lets you manage these ‘missing” settings via an user-friendly interface:
- Limit number of FileMaker Pro client connections
- Maximum number of Simultaneous Script Sessions
- Maximum number of Files to Host
- RAM Reserved for Database Cache
- Require Password-protected Databases
- Enable PHP Publishing
- Use FileMaker Server-supported version of PHP
- PHP Pre-validation, Language and Encoding Settings
- Enable XML Publishing
Open Source and Free
This free tool, written for FileMaker Pro 17 and Go, is completely open-source under the GNU license.
It is developed by the FM Connection team. FM Connection, a division of Lesterius, provides managed dedicated FileMaker hosting and co-manages the FileMaker infrastructure of your custom apps, including FileMaker Cloud.
- FileMaker Server 18 with FileMaker Admin API
- FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced or FileMaker Go 18
- FileMaker Server 17 with FileMaker Admin API trial
- FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced or FileMaker Go 17